Outreach and Education
For the public, the Cloquet Forestry Center offers programs on forest ecosystems and natural resource management. These are geared toward private woodland owners and are taught by the University of Minnesota Extension office.
We also serve as a living laboratory for University of Minnesota students who study natural resources. Students can practice, observe and research forest management, wildlife, and a vast boreal ecosystem.
- The Sustainable Forests Education Cooperative, a very active program in collaboration with the University of Minnesota Extension, provides high-quality professional development opportunities
- The first two-week module of the National Advanced Silviculture Program is now offered by the CFC, and brings the nation’s top silviculturists to experience Minnesota forest ecology
- Check out our on-site library for forest, wildlife, and ecology-related material
- UMN Extension and Fond du Lac partnerships, and MTIC collaboration
- CFANS and Department of Forest Resources